Old September 22nd 05, 11:51 PM
Sam R.

Default Bicycle discrimination in toddler book

ghostgum wrote:
I was reading a book to my daughter today.

[...]
They indoctrinate one year olds that the bicycle is not
transport. Should I throw out this book, or recommend to the
publisher that a bicycle should be added to the next edition?

Maybe one year old is a good time to teach your daughter that books
don't present a complete view of the world?

Have you tried searching second hand store for Richard Scary books? He
has a number of "things that go" based books, some which have bicycles
in them. Others, which are car focused, ridicule car culture in subtle
ways.

yours,
Sam R.