Old June 9th 18, 03:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

Default Cyclist mows down child, attacks lady witness and then cycles away.

On Saturday, June 9, 2018 at 1:14:38 PM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
On 09/06/18 11:16, Simon Jester wrote:
On Saturday, June 9, 2018 at 10:37:07 AM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
On 08/06/18 10:12, MrCheerful wrote:

Can you point out where 'all society's ills' are blamed on
cyclists?

Most of your links describe criminal activities that have nothing
to with riding a bike.

I believe cars are responsible for a lot of society's ills. In a car
you are your own little world and other people are just in the way.

In a car, I feel hemmed in and constrained. A bike gives a very
different view of the world. I believe I transfer some of the feeling of
vulnerability, the spatial and defensive skills learned on a bike into
driving.

As I have said before, safe driving is more about attitude than machine control.

In the past when people walked, cycled and used the bus they had to
cooperate with their fellow man. Just look at the way drivers push
into queues, behaviour that would not have been tolerated in the
past.
Now we see the same ME FIRST attitude everywhere.

There is a massive level of hypocrisy amongst people that only see the
the world through the windscreen and mutter about various perceived
faults of a person they see riding a bike.

We've had an example recently. Nugent was berating
me about a lack of respect for pedestrians (I am a cyclist, therefore I
can't have any) and then went on to mention "silly pedestrians" getting
in the way of him in his car.

Nugent has some serious mental health issues.