Old August 26th 06, 04:23 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

Default "A Comparative Study of Impacts to Mountain Bike Trails in Five Common Ecological Regions of the Southwestern U.S."

On 25 Aug 2006 10:23:22 -0700, wrote:

pmhilton wrote:
wrote:
Mike Vandeman wrote:

"A Comparative Study of Impacts to Mountain Bike Trails in Five
Common Ecological Regions of the Southwestern U.S." (White et al 2006)

snip

http://www.imba.com/resources/scienc...t_summary.html

He'll find some sleazy & intellectually dishonest way to discount this
report.

Pete H

If you really want a laugh ... put Ol' Doc's CV up against White and
Foti's

DR. Dave D. White

Arizona State University
College of Public Programs
School of Community Resources and Development

"DEVELOPMENT"?! That's an academic discipline???? Don't make me laugh.

Assistant ProfessorAppointed: 2002

Arizona State University
College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
Consortium for Science, Policy, &Outcomes (http://cspo.org/)
Affiliated FacultyAppointed: 2005

Arizona State University
Decision Center for a Desert City (http://dcdc.asu.edu)
Science and Technology Policy Research Team
Research Team LeaderAppointed: 2004

Ph.D., Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Forestry,
2002.
M.S., University of Idaho, Recreation Management and Tourism, 1998.
B.A., George Mason University, History, 1993.

Dr P.E. Foti
Doctor of Philosophy University of Wisconsin-Madison
Land Resources

"RESOURCES": i.e., how to EXPLOIT them (and rationalize it).

December, 1987
Institute for Environmental Studies

Master of Arts University of Wisconsin-Madison
Public Administration December, 1985
Natural Resources Agencies Administration

Master of Science University of Nevada, Reno
Renewable Natural Resources May, 1977
Wildland Recreation Management

Bachelor of Science The Ohio State University
Natural Resources March, 1975
Park and Recreation Administration

So as far as we can see, they are experts on how to abuse natural
resources. Not a field known for its HONESTY. Figures.

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande