Old February 27th 09, 04:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chris[_12_]

Default Which Brooks saddle?

On Feb 26, 8:04*pm, Andre Jute wrote:
Which Brooks model would be advisable for a guy who weighs 215 pounds?

Weight is not really an issue, any Brooks can handle your weight. The
shape is far more important, and only you can say if it is right for
you or not. Though the two which seem worth mentioning are the B-17
and the B-68. Or, if you prefer springs, look at the B-66 or B-72.

Should I prefer one of the models with helical springs at the back?

It's totally personal. If you have a suspention post, I should think
not, but you may like the springs.

Would one of the "aged" models give me a headstart on comfort.

Not that I have ever seen, it's just a distressing to the leather. If
you plan on treating the leather to help keep it safe from moisture,
which you should stongly consider doing, the end result is the same or
even much better for speed of break in.

I thought that I might get those Brooks edgewise leather-circle
handlebar grips that Jay Bollyn mentioned last year to match the
saddle. Opinion?

They are nice. Bigger round than many grips, so they can be a bit to
get used to, and require adjusting to work with twist shifters as you
cannot just trim them like rugger grips, but you can change their
length, though you may need access to a spoke cutting and threading
machine to do so.

Chris