Old May 8th 15, 11:49 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
colwyn[_2_]

Default Cycle racing claims another elderly innocent victim

On 08/05/2015 11:43, Mrcheerful wrote:
On 08/05/2015 11:35, colwyn wrote:
On 07/05/2015 17:38, Mrcheerful wrote:
A pensioner suffered serious injuries after a Tour de Yorkshire cyclist
crashed into her during the final stages of the race.

The 86-year-old suffered facial injuries and fractures to both arms
after the rider, who was with a group made up of several riders behind
the main peloton, struck her as she crossed the road to her house.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...njured-5645846

I am glad to see you are not scoring goals, but I am surprised to see he
was wearing a number for identification. However, not being able to stop
in time suggests " brake failure "!

or riding too fast for the conditions

If he had kept up with the rest of the peleton ( gone faster ) the
incident would not have occurred.