Old May 19th 17, 04:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

Default 300 miles of secret cycle paths have been discovered

On Thu, 18 May 2017 14:09:09 +0100, Rob Morley wrote:

On Thu, 18 May 2017 11:33:39 +0100
Bod wrote:

Then you should inform our government that they are misnaming this
charge:

Calculate vehicle tax rates - GOV.UK
https://www.gov.uk/calculate-vehicle-tax-rates
Find out the tax rate for all vehicle types. Car vehicle tax rates
are based on either engine size or fuel type and CO2 emissions,
depending on when the vehicle ...

I doubt that that the person who prepared the web page is entitled to
set legal precedent for terminology - the proper term is "Vehicle
Excise Duty".

Who gives a **** what the "proper term" is? It's road tax, car tax, whatever, they're just names for the same thing.

--
What lives in the sea, and goes dah di dah dit, dah dah dit dah?
A morse cod.