Old March 13th 05, 09:34 AM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On 12 Mar 2005 13:40:53 -0800, wrote in message
.com:

I've just got a broken spoke on the rear wheel of my hybrid bike.
The wheel is slightly not true -- it was not like this before.
Would replacing the broken spoke be enough? Or the wheel would
heve to be trued?

In my experience broken spokes are very often the result of an overall
problem. If you have a wheel which has been hand-built, or at least
stress relieved and tensioned by hand, broken spokes are much less
likely. For much less likely read: I have had precisely one in 25
years, and that on a small wheel with acute spoke angles and high
tensions.

So I would get the wheel fettled by a proper wheelbuilder. Then, all
else being equal, you won't need to do the same again :-)

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk