Old March 13th 05, 11:57 PM
Pat

: There is a love hate relationship with current Brooks saddles. That's
: why, there is a person that modifies Brooks saddles to make them more
: comfortable. The website is http://www.mcmwin.com and they sell the
: modified version of the B17, the Pro and I think the Swift under the
: brand name Selle Anatomica. The Titanico is the B17 with 3 different
: cutouts plus a color of your choice!!

I sent the people at that site a question, and the answer was this: they
will take your Brooks saddle and remodel it under their process BUT only if
you haven't put any Proofide or other treatments on the leather. I was
going to just send them my B17 and hope for the best, but I have already
treated it once with Proofide. What they do is laminate something under the
saddle to stiffen it and the laminate won't hold if the saddle has leather
treatment already on it.

Pat in TX