Old April 22nd 11, 09:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
N8N

Default Red light cameras?

On Apr 22, 3:36*pm, raamman wrote:
On Apr 22, 1:16*pm, Tēm ShermĒn™ °_° ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI

$southslope.net" wrote:
On 4/22/2011 7:00 AM, raamman wrote:

from peopple following too closly behind and/or not paying complete
attention, especially during rush hours so I try to avoid hard stops;
but then this does subject me to a red light camera without regard to
the circumstances involved. I always pay attention to my surroundings,

The companies that install the cameras usually do it at no cost in
return for a cut of citation revenue. *Therefore, the length of the
yellow light is often shortened to generate more revenue.

--
Tēm ShermĒn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

Such a practice ("in return for a cut of citation revenue"), would be
immoral

no ****. but it's the way these contacts are usually structured.

nate