Old September 26th 18, 04:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

Default BBC: Children to be banned from cycling to school without numberplates

On Tue, 25 Sep 2018 20:22:43 +0200, Sepp Ruf wrote:

Kids, keep busy swapping those plates,

The details of the plates would be interesting, aka how easy to
counterfeit or collect a set of snazzy/cool/wicked/whatever sayings.

Of course, there will be the issue and report your teachers'
dangerous driving until the staff-car parking is empty ... and converted
to bicycle parking!

The secondary school said the main aim was to keep children safe.

If parents wanted to keep their children safe, the sensible thing would
be to keep them away from intrusive nannies who subject pupils to
blackmail and worse while claiming it's "to keep children safe."

Perhaps it is just my mind warped from a lifetime of encountering power
mad incompentent bosses, but my reading of the school "vision" should
lead to the kids applying their ample imagination, skills, etc to
subverting the system.

Every member of Stanley Park High will have:
Ambition, commitment, resilience & perseverance Confidence to take
risks An ability to organise and present themselves effectively
Intellectual curiosity Imagination and creativity Initiative and
self-motivation to learn independently and with others Optimism for
a future in a rapidly changing world"

There must have been some real bad drugs around when that was composed.

And note the carrots part:
"subsidised bike lights and maintenance workshops"

Cheap chinese knock off lights?.
I'm curius about who is going to provide these "maintenance workshops".
Will it be another diversion of school funds from needed areas to pay
someone.