Old September 26th 18, 02:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Radey Shouman

Default BBC: Children to be banned from cycling to school without number plates

AMuzi writes:

On 9/26/2018 2:21 AM, Sepp Ruf wrote:
news18 wrote:
On Tue, 25 Sep 2018 20:22:43 +0200, Sepp Ruf wrote:

Perhaps it is just my mind warped from a lifetime of encountering power
mad incompentent bosses, but my reading of the school "vision" should
lead to the kids applying their ample imagination, skills, etc to
subverting the system.

Even after encountering just half-mad, semi-competent bosses, an incurable
optimist could secretly hope that the head teacher was intentionally trying
to provoke some opposition from a passive bunch of smombie kids.

Every member of Stanley Park High will have:
Ambition, commitment, resilience & perseverance Confidence to take
risks An ability to organise and present themselves effectively
Intellectual curiosity Imagination and creativity Initiative and
self-motivation to learn independently and with others Optimism for
a future in a rapidly changing world"

There must have been some real bad drugs around when that was composed.

"Confidence to take risks" ... why, just pay your indebted gf's drugs and
get her a pair of Joergian-strength tires ;-/
http://www.news-journalonline.com/news/20180925/video-man-threw-other-man-face-first-off-bridge-daytona-beach-police-say/1

Great video. The written report says it began with the victim walking
with a woman whose bike had a flat so it's actually cycling content!

Slime! If it saves one life ...