Old August 22nd 04, 02:23 AM
Tom Keats

In article ,
"AustinMN" writes:

Until recently, Mass. was the only place I have ever cycled. I have never
seen such a sign. I have seen signs saying "Cyclists stop on line for
green" which means something completely different. The intent is for
cyclists to stop on the line _when red_ in order to trip the sensor.

Now /that/ makes sense.

Are
you leaving out a graphic between "on" and "green" that is also painted on
the ground, showing where cyclists should stop to be detected and change the
light from red to green?

hmmm ... as I understood it, the sign was on the roadside
rather than on the road itself.

Either way, I too wonder if some of the wording on the sign
was obscured somehow.

cheers,
Tom

--