Old November 20th 18, 12:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson

Default Chain Lube?

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 19:09:35 -0600, AMuzi wrote:

chicken feed you can make yourself:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/7/6235/6...855a357c_b.jpg

I remember Dad hauling a wagonload of ear corn to the elevator to be
ground into chicken feed. They added some stuff to make a balanced
diet, if I recall correctly.

(It was hog feed, actually, but Mom fed it to her chickens. And the
dog would help himself to some when I carried the bucket to the
henhouse.)

Pity I never thought of seeing what sort of cornbread it would make.
But Dad retired before I learned how to cook.

Besides, the little ones were allowed to play in the wagonload of
grain, and when the combine unloaded into the wagon, I saw the
grasshopper fragments coming down. Probably far fewer in ear corn than
in wheat, though.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net