Old February 15th 04, 03:39 PM
MSeries

Default Torque Wrenches

Maybe I should ask this in rec.bicycles.tech, they are keen on torque-ing
there. Who uses a torque wrench for their bikes ? What sort is it ? For
years I haven't and had only few problems, my cranks came loose once ! but I
know I should do things in accordance with the manuals especially on my best
bike. Also I read on r.b.t that some one was getting a proper tool for the
Shimano self extracting crankset bolt cap, has anyone seen these for sale in
the UK ? How would one manage to tighten the cap to the correct torque (3-7
Nm) with what I imagine is simply a small pin spanner ? I reckon it wouldn't
really matter for this as it takes no stress in normal usage.

Opinions please.