Old November 4th 04, 03:55 PM
Peter Cole

"dabac" wrote in message

Wrote:

Rotation release came to bicycling from skiing where step-in
engagement and rotation release was introduced years earlier

Came from skiing? Unless you mean the very basic principle of push down
to engage - twist to disengage I find it very hard to seen a carryover
between skiing and cycling in this case. And at the push-and-twist
level I think an explanation along the lines of parallell evolution is
more probable. After all, how many realistic alternative methods are
there to engage/disengage your foot from the pedal?

Look, the French ski binding manufacturer, introduced the first clipless
pedal. The problem is very similar, as is the solution.