Old September 7th 17, 10:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default Let the Laughing Begin

On Thu, 07 Sep 2017 15:36:30 +0700, John B.
wrote:

I would think that temperature would have a rather large effect on
this sort of thing but I suspect that an automatic air pressure system
wouldn't be difficult to arrange.

Yep, a big effect. Mine currently doesn't have any pressure
regulation, but does have an overpressure relief valve. The problem
is that I want to run as much pressure as the antenna tower will
handle. The maximum load is the area of the vertical tower section
(something like a vertical cylinder), times the inflation pressure.
The area is limited by practically and a desire to keep the weight and
size reasonable. That leaves air pressure as the important parameter.

If I ever decide to build an inflatable bicycle frame, the experience
with the antenna tower should be useful.
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Yellow-giant-inflatable-bicycle-inflatable-bike_60246071497.html

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D