Old April 24th 08, 04:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Kristian M Zoerhoff

Default What the hell happened to our newsgroup?

On 2008-04-24, ZBicyclist wrote:
Tom Sherman wrote:
Zoot Katz wrote:
On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 14:40:43 -0700 (PDT), joekhul

wrote:

This spam is the worst I've seen.

It may be fruitless -- but we need to report the abuse.

My news server has a spam hippo with a voracious appetite. It
might
spit out a few watches or shoes after grazing but that's about
it.

The spam complaints I see voiced on the group are coming
primarily
from Google Groups users.

On a bad day, I may see 10 or so commercial spam threads, but most
days only 1 or 2.

I'm accessing through SBC (nowAT&T) and in the past few weeks I've
gone from very few spam threads to being innundated.

Same here. I finally had to killfile Google Groups (minus a select
whitelist) to manage it.

--

Kristian Zoerhoff