Old December 2nd 06, 01:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Ken Roberts

Default western Provence in France

Edward Dolan wrote
I myself would never stoop to converse with any of the French

Seems like whenever we meet a local French resident, we tell them early in
the conversation that we're from America, and they're very nice to us. Some
of them give us food or invite us to a meal. Lots of them want to tell us
about how they or a close relative have visited America -- or even lived in
America for a while.

I do not think the average American will ever want to do what they are
doing.

For sure. But actually Sharon and I have done more of our riding in the
United States -- and more of our writing about it like on
www.roberts-1.com/bikehudson -- and I don't think the average American wants
to do what we're doing in America either.

Do they not have buses and trains to take you where you want to go?

Probably, but we are authentic representatives of American culture. When we
want to get somewhere in Europe normally we drive a car. We ride our
bicycle just to have fun -- making a loop back to where we started: not
getting anywhere.

Ken