Old March 7th 04, 12:56 AM
Graeme

Default Was I right to blow my top?

"AndyMorris" wrote in news:c2doac$jhi$4
@news6.svr.pol.co.uk:

Does anyone else get that feeling of having extraordinarily intimidating
physical presence over driver's when they get out of their cars or are
immobile.

Probably because they feel invulnerable in their cars surrounded by all
that metal. They feel all tough and ready to "have a go" then they step out
of their cocoon, loose their protection and realise they're going up
against someone who is more likely fitter than them and has adrenaline
coarsing through their system due to riding in traffic. Most sane people
will subconsciously pick up on the "I'm the dominant one here" signals and
back down quickly.

Of course there's always the situation where the guy that gets out of the
car is a psycho who's built like a tank. In that case you're f*cked :-/

I try to avoid confrontations such as these as the outcome can be very
unpredictable, but at times everyone has to respond in a way that they need
to at the time.

Graeme