Old January 10th 09, 12:28 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tholub

Default Does MUni impact the trail more than MTB?

johnfoss;1167612 wrote:

Is that trail, or road? I think that figure is related to hard
pavement, though we definitely put more weight down per square inch of
tire coverage.

If I'm not mistaken, the weight per square inch we put down is more or
less equivalent to the tire PSI. So since we run at lower pressures
than bikes, we actually put down less weight per square inch of tire
contact. In exchange, we have larger contact patches.

--
tholub