Old September 13th 05, 07:11 AM
Michael Press

Default Bikes and Things Bikes - I'm kind of Ignorant

In article ,
FunkyRes wrote:

I'm a Linux guru. Now I know how the *nix newbies feel

I don't drive. I use to, but I have epilepsy - every medicine I've tried
messes with my head and I can't critically think as well, without medicine
I don't have seizures if I get enough sleep - but due to liability, no
doctor (that I know) will sign the DMV form if I'm not medicated. With gas
prices though, I don't think I'm missing out too much - and when the air
is just right, I actually feel more energized after the ride than when I
start.

So I've been riding a bike everywhere for a few years.
My bike is a Diamondback Wildwood, I bought it new in 2001, but I think it
was the 2000 model (not positive).

I think though I want a new bike. I've been lurking this list trying to
educate myself, but I don't seem to know enough to even do that

Most of my riding is on paved roads, but some of it is on gravel roads,
and quite a few of the paved roads are full of giant pot holes. I prefer
straight handle bars (like I have).

Make a serious effort to change to drop handle bars. They
are more versatile and comfortable. When you fit the
bicycle be sure the tops of the bars are within an inch of
the saddle with room to set them lower.

--
Michael Press