Old February 9th 18, 09:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

Default Pavement cyclist in court for assault . You would have a job tothink of this mitigation.

On Friday, February 9, 2018 at 5:06:38 PM UTC, Peter Parry wrote:
On Fri, 9 Feb 2018 04:55:15 -0800 (PST), Simon Jester
wrote:

An arrestable offence is one with a maximum sentence of 5 or more years in prison with the exception of drunk driving and twoc.
Luckily for motorists common assault does not fall under that category.

"Arrestable offence" ceased to exist on 1 January 2006 when the
Serious Organised Crime and Police Act came into force.

Precisely my point, we live in a Police State.
We do not need to carry ID or show ID to the Police, but failure to do so means you must be hiding something so the Police can demand ID under threat of Lethal Force.