Old August 12th 18, 10:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Campy Rear Derailleurs

On Sunday, August 12, 2018 at 8:01:31 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 8/11/2018 4:29 PM, wrote:
I expect that Muzi knows the answer to this one:

Is there any mechanical advantage difference between a 10 speed and 11 speed
Campy rear derailleur?

Yes and the (discontinued) Athena 11 is different again from
both groups. Annoyingly, front changer leverage/cable travel
changed as well.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Thanks Andrew.

That means I have to use 10 speed derailleurs with 10 speed levers even though it would be cheaper to get 11 speed derailleurs. Or a 9 speed derailleur but those are even harder to come by.

Good thing I've decided to disassembly my 62 cm Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra and sell the frame/fork and keep the 10 speed parts for spares. Also I have two or three Campy Triples I have to sell off to make more space.