Old September 12th 12, 05:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default What to Wear

Six minutes to roll-out for a trip to the ophthalmologist. Yesterday
I was fretting over what to wear -- I don't want to sit around for
several hours in my cycling suit, and I particularly don't want to sit
in one of those lie-down chairs in a jersey with pockets in the back.

So I was planning how to pin my jeans at the ankle, tie on a
pants-protector, tie a garter on the other leg to keep the jeans from
rubbing on my knee, take all that off when I get there, and spend five
minutes putting it all back on when it's time to leave . . .

Duh! My jeans, carefully folded so nothing will fall out of the
pockets, are in a bag in my back pannier. Bip into the ladies' room,
whip off my knickers, pull on the jeans -- elapsed time thirty
seconds.

I just hope I don't need my reading glasses before I get there. (I've
allowed time to stop on the way.) (Um . . . that was the clock
striking roll-out. I'm eating into that allowed time.)

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net