Old May 16th 17, 03:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Shimano Headset

On Tue, 16 May 2017 02:19:20 +0200, Emanuel Berg
wrote:

Frank Krygowski wrote:

I think most of them are convinced that if
they hadn't worn helmets all their lives,
bicycling would have killed them. Which is
really odd, considering that bike helmets
weren't available until the mid-1970s.

When the case is made helmets do not help, does
one mean the number of accidents with head
trauma hasn't decreased despite helmets being
sold or what exactly is the case?
Because obviously the helmet helps if one hits
it with a hammer...

Also, are we talking racing, MTB or any other
sport version, or are we talking
utility/commuting?

Frankly, I don't think Frank knows what he's talking about.I know
several very serious cyclists - BMX, Flat track, touring, and mountain
bike, and they ALL wear helmets - both in competition (where it is
mandated) and on recreational rides.
A friend has a steel plate in his head which he would not have had
helmets been available, and had he worn one, as s teenager. Will he
develop parkinsons because of the injury, or would he not develop
parkinsons if he had NOT had the injury? (diagnosis is not definite,
but it's looking like parkinsons)