Old January 10th 18, 09:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

Default don't cycle on the pavement and this won't happen

Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at 8:35:17 AM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
A teenage boy was pushed off his bike by a fellow cyclist who
overtook him and carried on out of sight.

On Boxing Day a 15-year-old lad was cycling home on the pavement at
the side of the A18, High Street, Dunsville."A male was also cycling
behind him. For unknown reasons the male has passed the lad on his
nearside and pushed him off his bike. He's then carried on along his
way out of sight.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/teena...ster-1-8947571

Clearly we need to address the issue of why cyclists do not feel safe
cycling on roads.
A law mandating motor vehicles must leave at least 1.5 metres when
passing a pedal cycle would be a good start.

Like the arsehole on a bicycle that passed me on the nearside within 6" of
my car?
I saw the **** coming and decided that it was a good time to squirt my
windows.

Clearly we need to address the issue of cyclists riding on the footpath.
If they do not feel safe on the roads, then they should either push their
little toys, or grow up, get off the dole and buy a car.
It really is that simple.