Old March 22nd 07, 08:14 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

Default Mountain Biking as an Addiction

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 19:17:27 GMT, "Jeff Strickland"
wrote:

Of course it is.

If you broke your knee, you'd sit at home in envy of those that could still
go and hike. Using your own criteria, hiking is an adiction too.

You have no idea what my criteria are. An addiction is something
harmful that you can't stop doing. Hiking isn't harmful. It's just
walking, which is a normal activity. Mounjtain biking is an extreme
sport that the state of California recognizes as a "dangerous sport":

"That's why the State of California deemed mountain biking and
horseback riding (a la Christopher Reeve) dangerous sports in its
code."
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande