Old January 23rd 06, 12:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech

Default bar-end shifters

On 22 Jan 2006 20:39:09 -0800, "Johnny Sunset"
wrote:

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
And also -- you write "dares to be practical." You still haven't
explained how using something that is theoretically less durable than
what you use but wont' break anyway is less practical. Like a 32-hole
front wheel for a woman or lighter male cyclist. How is such wheel
impractical if it isn't going to fail anyway?

I am not dogmatic about 36-spoke wheels being a requirement for lighter
riders [1], though I see no real benefit to 32-spoke wheels (the
weight, drag and wholesale cost savings from eliminating 8 spokes is
minimal).

You just can't help it, huh? Can you say that for some people you see
no benefit for 36 spokes compared to 32? Can you at least *try* to
say it?

Can you at least say that for some non-racers integrated shifters are
sensible?

JT

Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com