Old January 4th 17, 07:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David Scheidt

Default Stronger rubber cement?

Joerg wrote:

:I meant for fixing the tube at the location where the side wall blew. I
:never attempt to repair the tire because when a side wall went it's
:toast. Usually several strands of material are shredded afterwards.

:The worst one was a literal explosion in the wilderness but that left an
:unfixable huge hole in the tube. It also triggered a micro-stampede of
:five cows.

Take a look aat the pictures I linked to else thread. Rema patches
work fine, properly applied. That tube was mounted wrong, pinched
between the tire and the wheel, and exploded (it sounded like a gun
shot) while hanging on the wall at work. (Not my bike nor mounting
job. I just fix tubes, because I can.

--
sig 87