Old August 21st 10, 09:07 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
BrianW[_2_]

Default Disabled cyclist denied access to Brighton Pier.

On 21 Aug, 06:42, Doug wrote:
On 20 Aug, 08:45, Paul - xxx wrote: On 20/08/2010 07:43, Doug wrote:

If you are a disabled person who uses a wheelchair you are allowed to
go places that a disabled cyclist is not. Even if you are a disable
motorist you can carry a wheelchair in your boot which would allow you
to go where cyclists are not, such as pavements, railway platforms and
stations and places like Brighton Pier which discriminate against
disabled cyclists and are still allowed to get away with it.

The number of times it's been suggested that bicycles can carry huge
amounts of luggage, shopping etc I'm surprised you don't take your
wheelchair with you. *After all, you've posted pics of your trailer, I'm
sure that would accommodate a wheelchair.

I have posted no such pics. I was deliberately and misleadingly made
out to be someone else. The pics were posted by a spiteful motorist
trying to get their own back.

Ah, you mean these pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8737107@N04/3742474251/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8737107@N04/3742474477/

They are indeed of someone else - someone who just so happens to live
at the same address as you, and who has a sound system on his bike,
just like you:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8737107@N04/3742474975/

Fancy that!