Old October 31st 13, 05:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Duane[_3_]

Default Age does make a difference.

On 10/31/2013 9:54 AM, Wes Groleau wrote:
On 10-31-2013, 08:22, Duane wrote:
I have a friend that lost 80 lbs in one season training for a 3 day
"raise money to fight cancer" ride. You can lose weight riding if you
do it enough but you have to watch your diet.

The season is winding down here now and I'm already starting to notice a
few extra pounds. Just commuting isn't enough to burn those calories.
Well, not my commute anyway. Time to get back to the gym full time
and/or reduce calories.

My commute is now quite short. Back then it was thirteen miles at the
end but only five when I started. (Moved a few times) But I was so
skinny before I started that I gained ten pounds in two weeks--in the legs.

When I resumed this time, I was 190 pounds (I developed diabetes at
245 pounds and got down to 190 without biking). I'm still about 190.
Would like to be 175, but I faint or fall asleep if I don't eat regularly.

I'm around 170 right now or at least I was a couple weeks ago when I was
riding a lot. I would rather be 160. I feel more comfortable there. I
don't have diabetes exactly but my blood sugar gets wonky if I'm not
careful with what I eat. I can do carbs as long as I exercise.
Since I stopped most of the rec rides my weight is creeping up. I need
to reduce calories or increase exercise.

I said my commute was short, but without a car, other trips make my
weekly total twenty to fifty miles.