Old March 31st 04, 05:53 PM
Tony Raven

Default "Actually you are the first person to bring up this issue"

James Annan wrote:
Tony Raven wrote:

Specialized have already had a
recall for mounting tab failures.

When?

If you mean the recent recall of bikes with too large a rotor installed,
there were NO failures and no evidence that there ever would be any
failures. The problem was merely that the combination had not been
properly checked.

Puts the current situation regarding disks and QRs into context, don't
you think?

James

I should choose my words more carefully. I should have said that "Specialized
have already had a recall for _potential_ mounting tab failures"

The CPSC release said:

Hazard: During heavy braking, the brake tabs on the front forks could break
off, possibly causing a loss of control and fall from the bicycle.

Tony