Old October 1st 18, 11:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Buy that wheelbuilder a drink!

On Monday, October 1, 2018 at 12:23:11 PM UTC-7, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Monday, October 1, 2018 at 2:53:32 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sunday, September 30, 2018 at 1:28:16 PM UTC-7, Andy wrote:
On Tuesday, September 25, 2018 at 7:06:01 PM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1/2018/09/...7819759698.jpg

Nice job!
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

I think the photo is fake.

The impact would have forced the bike forward.

Andy

I would have checked it with Snopes but they have banned me for proving that they are politically motivated on a high percentage of their "fact checks".

I didn't find anything on Snopes but I found this very similar image from 2012

https://jalopnik.com/5918071/look-at...is-chinese-car

Also found on reditt

https://www.reddit.com/r/WTF/comment..._a_germanmade/

Cheers

BINGO - the comment there proved it a hoax. The traction of the bicycle wheel would not be enough to overpower the construction of the car. It would simply push it forward or even lift it off of the ground.

Do you note that not only is it a different bike but it has flat rims. Al's picture shows a Fixy and not only that but no brakes at all and no one could stand on the pedals with a push like that. Also the car is completely different.