Old July 12th 08, 05:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Pat[_11_]

Default This is the Bike Poll!

"
I asked a middle-aged woman yesterday and her reply was "I'm too old to
ride a bicycle." A few years ago, when I turned 40 (okay, more than a
"few"), my step-father said to me, "You're going to be 40 soon, don't you
think it's time you gave up riding bicycles?"

that's why. They've been told all their lives that riding a bike is for
children only.

Pat in TX

Or, they've been told that you could slow down and do less once you get
over a certain age.

Roger

Well, just as certain black people play the "race card" whenever it helps
them (witness the manager of the Mets saying it wasn't his poor winning
record, rather it was "racism" that got him fired), people over, say 50,
sometimes play the "age card" as in : "When you get my age, you'll...." or
"I'm 61, so you can't expect me to understand..." or "My 60-year old body
can't..." You get the gist of it, I'm sure.

I find these people just as disingenuous as the first group and I have no
time for them. Don't let anyone tell you what you can and cannot do just
because of a certain number of years!

Pat in TX