Old June 12th 05, 06:02 PM
Simon Brooke

Default Great Yorkshire Bike Ride (long report)

in message , Steven Briggs
') wrote:

Today saw the 22nd running of the Great Yorkshire Bike Ride, a very
popular event taking 1500 cyclists from Wetherby to the Yorkshire
Coast at Filey. The previous events have raised a total of £1,224,534
for various local and national charities.

Great report, thanks.

I agree with you about the weather. It was so cold coming out of New
Galloway about 11.30 this morning that despite wearing exactly the same
shirt and jersey I'd worn on the same ride in January my teeth were
chattering and I was pedalling furiously down the hills just to keep my
muscles warm.

Flaming June!

Copyright (c) Simon Brooke; All rights reserved. Permission is
granted to transfer this message via UUCP or NNTP and to store it
for the purpose of archiving or further transfer. Permission is
explicitly denied to use this message as part of a 'Web Forum', or
to transfer it by HTTP.