Old March 16th 07, 03:35 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

Default Three (More) Mountain Bikers Arrested for Illegally Mountain Biking in Grand Canyon National Park

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 16:36:32 -0700, "Mamba"
wrote:

snip long indictment of bikers being bad

I'm glad these guys got busted. I've been on some of those trails and am
eager to see them preserved. So that makes for documented evidence of about
1/100th of one percent of mountain bikers being assholes. IMHO that's still
5-10% below the national average for the general population.

My figures are closer to 100% Even IMBA has a scientific study on its
website showing that something like 83.1% of mountain bikers don't
obey the law. Then they removed it, of course! But I saved a copy:
http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande/mtb76
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande