Old June 25th 07, 12:16 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Dave

Default For my own amusement

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 02:18:54 -0700, BT Humble wrote:

This has probably been done many times before, but I'm going to do a
"break-even or bust!" experiment with a sub-$100 Big-W commuter bike.

How far are you going? Canberra has the advantage that it can be
relatively flat (though also relatively unflat!), which reduces the peak
load on bits. I'm also assuming you've got a bit of knowledge regarding
basic set up and maintenance which will improve the longevity of
components. Still, a worthy experiment.

But I got 18 months commuting out of $8, so I'm happy with my
inherited/bodged singlespeed. (It's still going, but I'm probably going to
be going a bit further afield so it'll be demoted to station bike duties).

--
Dave Hughes |
We're standing there pounding a dead parrot on the counter, and the