Old August 15th 03, 11:53 PM
DaveWV

Default The Effects of Mountain Biking on Wildlife and People -- Why Off-Road Bicycling Should be Prohibited

Jim Roberts wrote:
Oh we are back to Tanks in the Backcountry.
jimbat
Doug Haxton wrote:
On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 04:52:43 GMT, Mike Vandeman
wrote:

.1) If the quote accurate ("They aren't human, so they don't have
.rights. QED") then you're contradicting yourself. Is it accurate?

Yes. I was talking about BICYCLES. Can't you think at all?????

I was simply asking a polite question. Can't you respond in kind at
all?????

.2) Why does wildlife have a "right" to kill each other? What's the
.enforcement mechanism for this right?

They are able to do it. DUH!

Humans are able to kill wild animals as well. By your own logic we
have therefore have the right to kill them.

By the way...every time you say "Duh", it makes you look even more
moronic.

Just a helpful hint.

Doug

Let's say all of the land presently used for outdoor recreation is
closed to all use. What will happen to that land? Well, if no one can
use it and enjoy the "natural" place that it is, people will forget why
we need to save these areas and end up not caring about saving other
wild places.

I believe outdoor recreation is a mojor contributor to the saving of
many areas from development. Hunters, hikers, mountain bikers, climbers,
rafters, on and on. Ducks Unlimited has saved more acres than any so
called environmental group ever has. Why, because they use and enjoy the
land. ( from "Comming out of the Woods" by Wallace Kaufman)

I'll admit I didn't read all of this guy's long winded posts but of the
ones I did read I didn't see any mention of where he got his
"scientific" evidence from.

Just my $.02 worth.----------Dave

--
Come ride in West Virginia!