Old June 7th 20, 11:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

Default Social distancing

On 07/06/2020 00:41, JNugent wrote:
On 06/06/2020 22:53, TMS320 wrote:
On 06/06/2020 15:50, Kelly wrote:
TMS320 wrote:

With the number of pedestrians complaining about cyclists passing
close,
it never ceases to amaze how people stand and talk to each across a
path
and one has no choice but to pass between them.

I don't hold with the idea that anybody will die from a fleeting
encounter outdoors but respect that there are those that do.

I'd go along with that.Â* According to Public Health England, typically
spending more than 15 minutes within two metres of an infected person
can raise your risk of catching the virus.Â* So if you momentarily
brush past someone, especially outdoors, even within the two metres
how much of a risk can that realistically pose?

It depends on which way the wind is blowing... But I can't believe
normal distancing outdoors is an issue.

You're just a born rebel, aren't you?

There's nothing rebellious in that statement.