Old October 21st 10, 12:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
OldRoads OldRoads is offline
Banned

Default Can't figure out where spring goes in brake mechanism

On Oct 20, 7:01*pm, Andy wrote:
On Oct 20, 12:37*pm, Andy wrote:

I decided to change out the brake on my grandson's Trek 20 Bike.

I thought it would be similar to other bikes I have worked on.
I need to find out where the spring goes that popped out.

I couldn't find an online or downloadable manual.

I remember seeing a post on usenet that had a link to a picture that
you could temporarily store.
I could then scan a drawing of the brake handle.

Does anyone know how I can accomplish it?

Have a great day,

http://intouch.org/magazine/daily-de...happynews.com/

The pic of my drawing of the brake is here.

Thanks.

http://yfrog.com/1ftrek20j- Hide quoted text -

If that spring is in the brake lever, you might not even need it.

Vin - Menotomy Vintage Bicycles
http://OldRoads.com