Old July 17th 05, 11:15 PM
Jeff Wills

Cully_J wrote:
Hello all,

I'm new to the recumbent community. I'm absolutely, positvely clueless about
certain - and probably straight forward - things.

I was looking at recumbent trikes on the Greenspeed website
(http://www.greenspeed.com.au/NewGSwe...a/homeusa.html) and I
noticed that most of the bikes have the two wheels in the front and one in
the rear.

I really have no problem with that. But I do have one question:
How do you steer?

Regards,
Cully_J

With the handlebars!

OK, OK- that was a little too obvious. On Greenspeeds, the handlebars
pivot on a frame fitting, and there are linkage rods that connect the
handlebars to the kingpins that hold the front wheels. In reality, the
setup is very similar to almost every automobile built since time
began.

Not all trikes are like this, but this'll get you started. If you want
to learn more, this page should provide you with many clues:
http://www.eland.org.uk/steer_intro.html

Jeff