Old July 18th 05, 01:18 PM
Peter Clinch

Jeff Grippe wrote:

The Deltas (two wheels in back) tend to steer like ordinary bikes

Objection! ;-)

IME any trike[1] (including uprights) doesn't steer like an ordinary
bike, because you have to actively move the steering to a far greater
extent. On a bike you soon get used to steering by leaning the bike and
using the inherert instability of a two wheel design to your advantage.
Can't do that on the trike, so the go left you steer the bars left,
rather than just lean the way you want to go.

This can be *very* embarrassing on one's first go on a trike, as it
/should/ be easier! I spent the first 100m on a Kettwiesel crashing
into the kerb because I couldn't adjust for the camber and right wheel
drive just by body position like I do quite unconsciously on a bike.

Pete.

[1] some cunning lean-to-steer designs may well be exceptions
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK