Old July 1st 20, 04:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Remembering how to tie my shoes, going back for a do-rag

On 7/1/2020 12:18 AM, Joy Beeson wrote:

I'd made a couple of short rides in my grubbies, in case I had to
undress into the washing machine, and thought that I could wear
calf-length house pants on the bike all the time. They aren't
reinforced in the seat, but hey, they are cheap (never mind that each
pair represents a few hundred trips to the store; non-plastic clothing
is *really* hard to find)

You know MUCH more than I do about clothes, so I hesitate to post a tip.
But I'll do it anyway.

About hard-to-find clothes: Last year I needed to replace a couple of
cotton seersucker casual shirts. I like that fabric for summer's heat
and humidity.

I seldom even consider buying clothes online, but then I thought about
Kohl's online. Turned out they had a large inventory including my
acceptable shirts, I could order and pay online, then pick up at the
store which is not far away.

Best of all, in my book, I figured I could try the shirts on in the
store before I even walked out the door; so if they didn't fit, the
return would be postage free and instantaneous.

When I picked them up, I asked if I could try them on. The clerk said
"Honey, they're yours! You can do anything you want!"

And they did fit. Heck, I'd be tempted to buy shoes that way!

--
- Frank Krygowski