Old August 16th 20, 11:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
John B.[_3_]

Default Weighty matters

On Sat, 15 Aug 2020 22:53:51 -0400, Joy Beeson
wrote:

According to the bathroom scales, my jersey weighs only a pound. It
hefted like more than that. (My keys, etc. were in the pockets.)

Then I weighed my wallet: two and a half pounds. I thought I was
overstating it when I said that I carry a pound of coins!

But of course it weighs more now that I can't get dollar bills and do
have a pint of quarters.

Over here it is different. We used to have prices in single "baht"
and/or fractions there of. Like 1 baht 50, and one had to carry
coins. Now with all the "progress" here prices are now in multiply
bahts and what used to cost 1 baht 50 stang (coins) now cost 20 baht
and we can use paper money :-(
--
Cheers,

John B.