Old August 29th 20, 01:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default Tomorrow is Saturday!

I think I've done all I can to get ready to go to the fairgrounds
farmers' market tomorrow.

I pumped up my tires -- the back tire was down to twenty pounds!

I put two packages of egg cartons I plan to give to one of the
vendors, my emergency-food packet, a little bag containing my sun
visor etc., a bag of crumpled bags to cushion my purchases, and a can
of potted meat into the un-insulated pannier.

The insulated pannier has a fresh pad of newspaper on the bottom and
is ready to recieve the bottle and four sandwich bags of ice cubes I
stashed in the freezing compartment, one of the three bottles of water
in the fridge, the bottle of switchel concentrate, the bottle of tea,
the lettuce sandwich next to the bottles, and the single-serve tub of
salad dressing balanced on the sandwich.

I still carry a sun visor even though I dare not enter a glaring-lit
store, but I'm getting accustomed to the idea that I can't pick up
water along the way -- hence four bags of ice; ice doesn't leak, but
it melts quickly when I put it into a bottle half full of warm water,
and the bag flattens to nothing when empty. I had water left over
last time, even though I used it for washing my hands and the produce
that I ate.

It's hardly any distance to the fairground -- I can see part of it
from my back patio -- so I'm going to eat my lunch at the end of the
Chinworth Bridge Trail and come back by way of Parks-Schram and
Crystal Lake Road. I haven't been on either road in ages and the
first part of Parks-Schram runs along the Tippy.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at centurylink dot net