Old September 11th 19, 11:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AK[_2_]

Default Problems with upper gears

On Wednesday, September 11, 2019 at 2:03:59 AM UTC-5, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Wednesday, 11 September 2019 02:29:21 UTC-4, AK wrote:
Your changing answers are very humorous and have made me smile.

Just a friendly suggestion.

You might want to re- read my posts.

Have a great evening.

Andy

What changing answers? You said you took a bike with a six speed cluster in for repairs and that the shop put on an 8-speed shifter after which you had trouble shifting. Both myself and Andrew Muzi told you that an 8-speed shifter won't work on a 6-speed cluster.

I've been asking you if your previous shifter was indexed and if this new shifter has a friction mode. That's because I was trying to save you some money since an 8-speed shifter with a friction mode WILL shift a 6-speed cluster but NOT IN INDEX MODE.

Sometimes you just can't help people.

I'm done. Good luck.

Cheers

I appreciate your trying to save me money, but the upgrade to an 8 speed freewheel will cost me nothing.

So to recap.

For $60 I have spent, my mountain bike will have...

New chain

New indexed shifters

New freewheel

Andy