Old December 28th 18, 03:34 PM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
William Gothberg[_2_]

Default Inconsiderate parking

I agree with most of what you said. However as a driver I ignore any stupid cyclist who thinks he deserves the same width as a car, or cycles in a busy road when there's a pavement or cycle path neighbouring it! I also detest health and softy cyclists, bright green clothing, protective helmets, skin tight clothing to show the size of their cock to everybody, you'd think they were entering a war zone or something. Be thankful you can't see how utterly stupid they look.

On Fri, 28 Dec 2018 08:21:22 -0000, Brian Gaff wrote:

Well this thread has gone off in all kinds of directions.
firstly no point in having parking rules if nobody enforces them
I know this as being blind I get ****ed off a lot by footway obstruction
either from large vehicles on footways with overhanging hard wing mirrors. I
still bear the scars on my forehead. and people who buy cars longer than
their front garden that overhang the footway and blind people encounter
while shorelining the fence line, to name but two issues.
I could very easily make a case against the individual I'm sure, under the
bylaws, but really its the lack of enforcement which is the issue.
rude signs do nothing but annoy folk, and several organisations actually
make stickers with Pavements are for people on them etc, but none have ever
resulted in any improvement. Much as in the rest of society, if there is no
penalty involved people will ignore any law they like, often oblivious of
its existence, but often if approached reasonably will admit they had never
actually given any thought to what it might mean to any particular type of
road user.
If I had a tenner for every cyclist I know who has been hit by a car door
being opened I'd be in the Bahamas.
Cyclists themselves, however are not angels. Whenever they are allowed to
share a surface they really should be more attentive and looking for white
sticks and guide dogs instead of riding two abreast talking to each other or
on their mobiles.
Brian