Old August 1st 17, 11:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_4_]

Default Bell Dashboard 100, re-enter odo numbers?

On 2017-07-31 17:52, John B. wrote:
On Mon, 31 Jul 2017 09:44:48 -0700, Joerg

On Saturday, July 29, 2017 at 7:06:59 AM UTC-7, Joerg
On 2017-07-29 02:14, Graham wrote:

"Joerg" wrote in
message ...
Had to change the battery again on my Bell
Dashboard 100 cycling speedometer. Or what they
call "cycle computer" In the manual it says one can
re-enter the odometer reading but nowhere it says
how. When I contacted Bell years ago they said "no,
you can't". Does anyone know a secret trick Bell
doesn't know?
Snipped

Have you tried contacting Bell with the model # of your item and
asking them how to do it?

I wrote that I did that.

Well he says that he contacted them years ago and they said it can't be
done. Not sure what the point of this thread is then...

The point is this: Customer service employees do not always know
enough about the technology and there may be a method that works that
someone here has discovered. Seems there isn't, but why not ask?

I don't know. I'd just google it. Some people seem to have your
question but no one has found an answer.

Looking at the manual available online:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/88...?page=6#manual

When it says on page 6: "Total distance traveled is indicated by "ODO"
and displayed on the bottom line. To reset ODO, press both RIGHT and
LEFT buttons for 3 seconds or remove and replace the battery. Now press
the RIGHT button to advance to the DST mode"

This seems like the only reference to the ODO in the manual. It only
tells you how to reset the ODO. Not how to set it.

This is the manual that gets shipped with the device:

https://www.scribd.com/document/3191...ard-100-Manual

It says on page 4, quote "Note: Replacing the battery will erase all
stored information. When installing a new battery after having used the
computer, make sure to write down the odometer value before changing the
battery so you can later re-enter it in the computer".

There is no instruction anywhere how to actually enter that value.

Yeah, you're right. I would not purchase anything from these guys.

--
duane