Old August 22nd 17, 04:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Cassettes

On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 7:57:41 AM UTC-7, wrote:
It's enough to **** off the Pope that Shimano cassettes are 10% the cost of the Campy cassettes and they are available in so many different ratios. Its already too much that bicycle sales are way off because of the preposterous prices of the high end carbon fiber bicycles but the components prices on Campy are getting so far out of reach that they are going to cut their own throats.

There are always Camp knock-offs: http://tinyurl.com/y7tl5rpt No offense to the Italiano-philes, but after about 1984, I saw no reason for buying Campagnolo. And after about 1989, I saw no reason for buying Dura Ace, except maybe hubs. Everything trickles down to Ultegra -- often with refinements.

-- Jay Beattie.