Old August 12th 03, 01:48 AM
Dave

Default "Bike trailers to relieve road-congestion for charity food deliveries"

Sorry I jumped to conclusions Ron... your post seemed overly negative to me
expecially when you yourself appeared to do the same thing this group
proposes. The point about city traffic makes your point of view more
understandable.

I've never used a trailer myself, but what about single wheel trailers like
the Bob... these don't look much wider than the handlebars and with a
single wheel, you could take your normal road placement. Do you think those
would be less invasive to traffic flow?

"Ron Hardin" wrote in message
Dave wrote:

If you are so against bike trailers, why do you get your softener salt

using
one? Actually, I don't care but I'm just pointing out the contradiction

in
your post.

What contradiction? I use bike trailers all the time. But not in traffic

because
it interferes heavily with it. Cars can get by a bicycle easily (at

least me
they can because I'm indian-like in taking up space, back when indians

knew about
taking up little space) but a trailer involves having a clear lane in both
directions when the car tries to pass.

traffic
is stupidity at its highest. Of course I'd guess that's the point;

activists
don't share my politics.

The contradiction you detect comes from your assuming every bike rider

shares even
slightly the activist politics; quite the opposite. They're idiots.

I use my bike for almost everything; I would be happiest if nobody else

did. The
fewer bikes on the road the happier the motorists are with actual

bicyclists, meaning me.

http://www.lodrag.com is my favorite trailer (between it, a Tanjor cargo,

and my
old Burley). I have a fleeced floor in the Tanjor for the Doberman, who

did not like
the curved floor that comes with it. She was always standing on the

internal frame
instead. So now there's available storage space under the floor too.

However it raises
her center of gravity enough that I have to have a rule that she either

sits or lies
down. No standing while the trailer is in motion.
--
Ron Hardin